Summer 2020 Virtual Hiring Meet-Up is Happening 8/19!
How to Attend
Wentworth is committed to student success and will do all we can during these uncertain times to help connect you with potential employers. Join us for the first ever summer virtual hiring event on Wednesday, 8/19 from 10AM-12PM.
Register to attend on WITworks now so employers can view your resume.
To register click the “Attend” button. You will be asked to complete your video chat profile and upload your resume to share with employers. Uploading your resume is not required to attend, but this will be the only way for you to share your resume with employers at the fair. If you don’t have a resume ready yet, you can still register and upload your resume before the event gets started.
New and Improved: Video Chat!
We shared your feedback about the virtual fair this spring with Symplicity, the system behind WITworks, and they listened to your requests. Virtual fairs in WITWorks now feature video chatting. Similar to an in-person event, you will be able to talk to employers directly. You can connect 1-on-1 through video with representatives or attend group video sessions during times determined by the employer. Employers will be using their organizations video conference software which means you may be switching between programs throughout the event.
To best prepare, we recommend familiarizing yourself with the most popular video conferencing software by downloading their plugins ahead of time and running a test call:
Please note: this is not a comprehensive list of video conferencing platforms but includes the most popular ones used by organizations today.
Best Practices for Students
- When joining an employer chat, if you have not downloaded Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc., select the option to join the meeting online and it will be faster to join.
- As long as you are in a queue, remain on the Virtual Hiring Meet-Up page in WITworks so you do not miss any employer chat requests. Please do not navigate to other areas.
- Make sure you click the “Attend” button when entering the event so that you can join chats and share your resume.
- Before the event, mark your favorite employers by clicking on the “Favorite” star icon, so that they will display at the top of your list.
- Be sure to enter Notes after each video chat you complete, before you join the next chat, so that you do not forget key information.
- Log into your WITworks account before the event to make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to the event and that your “Chat Profile” is current.
Find more information on getting ready for the event, a detailed guide to attending virtual events, along with resources for drafting resumes, sending thank you notes, and presenting yourself to employers on CO-OPS + CAREERS resources page.
Thank You to All Who Attended Inside Industry Right Now
Inside Industry Right Now offers Wentworth students and alumni the opportunity to engage with employers as well as fellow Wentworth alumni while we navigate the current working landscape together. Direct links to Inside Industry events can be found in the Events Calendar. Login to WITworks account for Zoom Meeting link and details.
|Jason Cornaro, Industrial Design ’13||Wednesday, June 17||5:00 PM EST||Industrial Design|
|U.S Department of Veteran Affairs – VA Boston Healthcare||Friday, June 26||12:00 PM EST||Biomedical Engineering|
|Perkins & Will||Thursday, July 9||3:00 PM EST||Architecture, Interior Design|
|iRobot||Tuesday, July 14||10:00 AM EST||Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering|
|Hasbro, Inc.||Friday, July 17||10:00 AM EST||Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering|
|ArrantaBio||Friday, July 17||12:00 PM EST||Biomedical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Applied Science|
|Weston & Sampson Engineers||Tuesday, July 21||12:00 PM EST||Civil Engineering|
|Commodore Builders||Wednesday, July 29||11:00 AM EST||Civil Engineering, Construction Management|
What To Expect
Each session is moderated by a member of the CO-OPS + CAREERS team as we talk with hiring managers, supervisors, freelance designers, vice presidents and more. The session is scheduled for one hour allowing our guests to speak to the following topics:
- How has COVID-19 impacted the work being done within the organization?
- What skills did employees need to be successful?
- How has the workplace changed since March and what does it look like for the future?
- How has recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding changed?
- What opportunities exist for Wentworth students?
What To Bring
Your undivided attention and plenty of questions! If you plan to keep your camera on during the event, please be mindful of your environment.
Inside Industry Right Now events will be screen recorded. Images and video content may be used for social media, publications, website, and other purposes. If you wish to not be recorded, please inform a CO-OPS + CAREERS staff member before or during the event and/or turn off your camera. The recordings will be speaker view only, meaning, if you speak during the session, your video and name will show on the screen. If you wish to remain anonymous but also ask our guests a question, please use the chat function.