Wentworth offers one of the most comprehensive cooperative education (co-op) programs of its kind in the nation. Unlike most schools, co-op at Wentworth is a requirement: all undergraduate day students must successfully complete two co-op semesters in order to graduate.
You will have plenty of support to help you achieve your professional goals. Your first step is to enroll in and complete Co-op Institute, a co-op preparation course that is offered in the spring and fall semesters. Additionally, your dedicated Co-op + Career Advisor will work with you on résumé writing, job-search strategies, and interviewing techniques. We also provide annual career fairs, a mock interview event, online job search tools, and on-campus recruiting.
Important Upcoming Co-op Dates:
|| Fall 2020
|Semester begins (first official start date of co-op)
||Tuesday, September 8
||Monday, January 19
||Wednesday, May 12
|Last day to report your hire
||Tuesday, September 15
||Tuesday, January 26
||Wednesday, May 19
|Latest Employment start date
||Monday, September 21
||Monday, February 1
||Monday, May 24
|Co-op assessment due – student & employer
||Friday, December 4
||Friday, April 16
||Wednesday, August 11
|Last day of official co-op semester
||Tuesday, December 15
||Tuesday, April 27
||Wednesday, August 18
- All undergraduate day students are required to complete two co-ops
- With the exception of Architecture, Applied Mathematics, and Electromechanical Engineering, all students must complete their required co-ops in the spring semester of their junior year and the fall semester of their senior year.
- With the exception of Architecture, Applied Mathematics, and Electromechanical Engineering, students may complete an optional co-op the summer following their sophomore year, and a second optional co-op after they have completed the two required co-ops; note that optional co-ops cannot be applied toward the graduation requirement.
- Applied Mathematics majors (3-year program) will complete their co-ops during the summer semester following their sophomore year and the spring semester of their final year.
- Architecture majors will complete their co-ops during the spring semester of their sophomore year and the summer semester of their junior year.
- Electromechanical Engineering is a five-year program, and students complete their required co-ops during the summers between their fourth and fifth years.
- If your co-op is local, you can choose to live on campus during it, maintaining close connections to friends and Wentworth activities.
- Your co-op experiences will be directly related to your field of study, allowing you to tie your coursework to concrete knowledge developed in the workplace.
- 57% of the class of 2018 were offered post-graduate full-time employment by their co-op employer(s).
- During your co-op experiences, you earn income and not pay tuition, allowing you to save toward future semesters.
- Eligibility for co-ops is determined by your class standing and cumulative GPA (check the academic catalogue for your major’s requirement).
- International students are not allowed to participate in a co-op in the cannabis industry. It is a violation of federal immigration laws for a foreign national to have anything to do with marijuana cultivation.