Recruiting a Graduating Student or Alumnus
Every season is a prime recruiting season for graduating Wentworth students. To accommodate our co-op program, many of our students graduate in August (compared to May at other schools), while others finish their degrees in December and April. We invite you to recruit on campus or by posting jobs to both graduating students and Wentworth alumni through our online recruitment tool, WITworks.
How The Center for Cooperative Education + Career Development Can Assist
On-campus recruiting. We can help you schedule an on-campus interview day. Efficient and effective, interview days simplify the process of scheduling numerous interviews. In addition, they are promoted extensively on campus, raising awareness of your company and job opportunities.
Recruiting Wentworth alumni. Wentworth maintains close ties to our alumni, including helping them find rewarding job opportunities throughout their career. Contact us to discuss the best ways for your organization to reach and recruit our exceptional and experienced alumni.
Employer information sessions. Coming to campus for an employer information session can be a very effective way to promote your company and your job opportunities. To participate, your organization must have active positions posted in WITworks and have an upcoming on-campus interview day scheduled.
Career Fair. Wentworth hosts career fairs each Fall and Spring, involving nearly 700 student and alumni job seekers each year.
Get Involved with Wentworth
There are other ways to get your organization in front of our talented and motivated students, beyond strictly recruiting events and strategies.
- Mock Interview Day. Each Fall Wentworth hosts a mock interview day pairing students with industry volunteers to practice interviewing. Participating as a volunteer is a great way to help students improve their interviewing skills and educate them on what it takes to succeed in your industry.
- Employer-in-Residence: Assist our students with a quick resume review, cover letter development or answer interview questions during our “Drop-in Hours”. Call us to schedule times that best meet your schedule.
- Guest Lecturer. Co-facilitate one session of Co-op Institute to help students become more informed about issues affecting their career decisions.
- Wentworth On The Road. Host a group of students at your place of business to provide them with information about your organization, hiring, career ladders and more. Offer a tour and have members of your team interact with our students. Offered in late April through early May.
- Portfolio reviews. Providing feedback on student portfolios helps students present their work and design skills effectively; it also gives you a first-hand look at our students’ hands-on abilities.
Post your job description to the Wentworth community quickly and easily.
Raise your organization’s profile through special recruiting strategies like on-campus interview days, employer information sessions, Wentworth on the Road, and career fair attendance. Contact to discuss what will work best for your organization.