Massachusetts-based WS Development is a mixed-use developer with a singular mission: creating places people want to be. With an approach that values art, science, innovation and, above all else, people, WS strives to engage each community it serves with best-in-class installations and activations. Established in 1990, WS is a vertically-integrated company that conceptualizes, owns, operates and leases more than 100 properties that range from cutting-edge urban spaces to lifestyle and community centers. With over 20 million square feet of existing space and an additional five million square feet under development, it is one of the largest privately-owned development firms in the country.
Reporting to the Director of Tenant Construction the Associate will support both the construction management and tenant construction side of the department. This role will be responsible for the oversight of assigned construction projects and ensure that the design and development of plans meet company and Tenant requirements.
We are looking for candidates who thrive working in a team-oriented environment and will work collaboratively to deliver solutions.
Key Position Accountabilities
- Partner with Construction Project Manager with the oversight of day-to-day activities of contractors, architects, consultants, and engineers and direct those activities to meet project schedules.
- Assist Construction Project Managers and Tenant Construction Managers on the development of budgets and schedules for Landlord deliverables for each Tenant deal.
- Partner with the Operations team to successfully transition each project into an operating business.
- Work hand-in hand with Development, Leasing, Studio, Accounting and Operations through various phases of each project.
- Assist Tenant Construction with producing and maintaining a reasonable project schedule with Tenants for the entire design and construction process.
- Partner with Tenant Construction on reviewing tenant plans, while facilitating the internal reviews of Construction, Development and Studio to ensure that each set of drawings meet the lease requirements, city/state requirements and WS design standards.
- Track key Tenant Lease dates with Lease Compliance and present a periodic status report to cross-functional team and Executive Committee.
- Work with Tenant Construction and assist with creating landlord delivery requirements through specific lease exhibits.
- Assist Tenant Construction with overseeing delivery of premises to Tenants and assisting Tenant’s in their construction and opening process.
- Exhibiting the core values of WS while being an external facing representative of the comp