Position: Commercial Millwork Draftsman
Reports To: VP of Operations
Position Summary: Generate CAD/shop drawings for approval, fabrication and installation.
▪ Create shop drawings (plans, elevations, sections, details, schedules)
▪ Determine hardware form, fit and function
▪ Respond to shop floor request for engineering clarification.
▪ Revise drawings per architect’s redlines
▪ Revise documentation per customers request, and/or field dimensions
▪ Experience in reading and interpreting of Architectural drawings and design.
▪ Detailed, Organized, and Production Oriented.
▪ Must be able to work independently and with others.
▪ Millwork Material Takeoffs and provided to the procurement department.
▪ Expert Experience in AUTOCAD is required.
▪ Knowledge in Architectural Millwork is a Plus but not required.
▪ Position will require drafting Architectural Millwork Plans, Elevations & Details.
▪ Engineer will work with project managers and the production team on updating all required drawings.
▪ Modifying customers design for functionality and structural integrity
▪ Create full-size profiles of moldings involved
▪ Identify profile knife locations
▪ Create blocks for Cad usage
▪ Update CAD library
▪ Organize CAD files/folder
▪ Field measure as required
▪ All other duties as assigned
Measures of Performance:
▪ Accuracy of shop drawings
▪ Attention to details
▪ Effective communication skills
▪ Time management
▪ Follow company procedures
▪ Architectural woodworking knowledge (to accept training)
▪ Effective communications skills
▪ Knowledge of AutoCAD
▪ Read and interpret architectural drawings
▪ Interpret scope of work
▪ Basic computer skills
▪ Organize and schedule
Education and Experience Required:
▪ High school grad., Tech. school, (college engineering degree preferred)
▪ Proficient in basic math skills