Research using the OpenMV (https://openmv.io/ ) python-based camera. We need to figure out the capabilities of this camera and use it as a novel security surveillance device. Exceptional writing skills are required for this job. We also need to investigate Raspberry pi cameras and write software for real-time streaming applications.
· Language requirements: Primarily python. Good to know: C, Java, or C#.
· Operating systems: Linux.
· Excellent writing skills and ability to work independently.
● Perform research, utilizing the OpenMV camera (you need to buy one and this costs about $80 – with a thermal sensor and adapter it can go as high as $400). Learn how to program the device, and then develop software for security surveillance. Will also need a Raspberry pi with a camera module (less than $100).
● Implement prototype software in conjunction with this research to evaluate and measure the quality and applicability of developed techniques.
● Write a research paper (about 8 pages) of publishing quality following the IEEE template, (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html).