PBD Foundation Entrepreneurial CO-OP
Do you have a problem and a solution? Do you have an idea for a business?
Spend your final co-op semester creating a business plan, immersing yourself in the local entrepreneurial culture and use design thinking, lean startup, and value creations methodologies to leap frog your idea forward to ideate and invent.
Apply for the PBD Foundation Entrepreneurial CO-OP, a highly selective application process that will help you to launch and/or grow your business.
The PBD Foundation Entrepreneurial CO-OP allows you to explore the life of an entrepreneur through pushing an idea you are passionate about or doing whatever it takes to move your idea forward. It is largely self-directed, however these four components will be integral to your success:
1) Wentworth programming of workshops, speaker engagements, events
2) Mentoring through internal coaches, faculty ambassadors, outside mentors and local experts
3) Immersion into the Innovation + Entrepreneurship ecosystem of Boston and Cambridge for inspiration, content development, networking, relationship building.
4) Regular meeting with your Business Management faculty supervisor
Our co-op students learn and grow so much and go on to continue to do great things. We look forward to meeting you.
The work must be relevant to the student’s major.
– Attend Wentworth workshops and events.
– Attend external workshops and events
– Meet with faculty member weekly.
– Seek out external Mentors pro-actively.
– Other activities as assigned by faculty member.
– Complete a thorough business plan.
– Utilize maker space and Wentworth manufacturing capability and faculty expertise to prototype your idea.
– Immerse yourself in design thinking, lean startup, value creation etc. methodologies to leap frog your idea forward and adopt new techniques to ideate and invent.
– Actively acquire core competencies such as:
o Empathy (understand and act on individual, community, and industry needs and wants)
o Inspiration (formulate strong conceptual thinking to create, iterate and collaborate effectively)
o Discovery (acquire new knowledge and resources, focus and diverge content to build capacity)
o Resilience (essential for failure, risk-taking, and adaptability)
o Presence (gain confidence through networking and public pitch rounds)
To apply: submit a resume, detailed description of business. Complete the following form. Final candidates will complete an interview.