Note: This co-op is for 6-months. While it is no guarantee, Wayfair has worked with WIT schedules in the past, specifically a PT commitment in June/July into August.
User Experience Research Co-op
June 28th, 2021 – December 17, 2021
This position requires a cover letter and online portfolio. Include the link to your portfolio in your resume.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE FEBRUARY 19. All candidates who apply on or before February 19 and who advance in our interview process will receive an offer decision from the team by March 19. After March 19, we will continue the interview process to fill any remaining roles not filled during the Priority Period.
We are the User Experience Research (UXR) team at Wayfair and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people perceive, discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. We are a diverse team of world-class researchers who are hard at work to inform and influence product strategy and design by providing deep awareness and actionable insights of the Wayfair customer. One of the three disciplines (along with Product Design and Content Strategy) within the broader Experience Design team, our approach is collaborative, data-driven and fast-paced.
We are looking for students who are passionate about users and have a desire to help deliver positive user experiences through research. Our ideal candidate will be effective at designing and executing on research activities that enhance the end-to-end experience for our users. User Experience Research Co-Ops are members of the larger Global Experience Design team and will work closely with product managers, product designers and other research organizations within the company.
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: Wayfair Experience Design
What You’ll Do:
Work with teams to identify, plan and conduct studies that will drive to world-class design solutions. Methods may include contextual inquiries, field studies, participatory design, usability studies and other activities selected to meet specific research goals.
Activities to achieve these goals may include:
- Research Planning
- Prepare for studies which employ a variety of research methodologies
- Ensure a clear understanding of the goals and objectives for research projects
- Meet with relevant stakeholders to review goals and objectives
- Craft studies optimized to address goals and objectives
- Research Implementation
- Under limited supervision, prepare project plans, study plans, moderator’s guides and other artifacts related to designing and conducting studies
- Work with research coordinators to ensure smooth logistics of recruiting participants
- Facilitate studies for approved initiatives
- Work with other researchers by participating in observation, note taking and analysis for studies as needed
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Complete data analysis following studies and field visits
- Create, review and present research reports with teams and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Global Experience Design team members to:
- Build internal body of knowledge
- Instill research best practices
- Develop and maintain internal awareness of user expectations
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.