Note: This co-op is for 6-months. While it is no guarantee, Wayfair has worked with WIT schedules in the past, specifically a PT commitment in June/July into August.
Product Design Co-op
June 28th, 2021 – December 17, 2021
This position requires a cover letter and online portfolio. Include the link to your portfolio in your resume.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE FEBRUARY 19. All candidates who apply on or before February 19 and who advance in our interview process will receive an offer decision from the team by March 19. After March 19, we will continue the interview process to fill any remaining roles not filled during the Priority Period.
We’re the Product Design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. We’re a diverse team of world-class product designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. One of three disciplines (along with User Research and Content Strategy) within the broader Experience Design team, our approach is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
We are looking for students who are passionate about users and have a desire to deliver impactful user experiences through design. How can we leverage AR to make it easier for our customers to imagine how furniture would fit in their space? How can we seamlessly connect them with gig economy assembly and installation pros to get that new chandelier installed before the next dinner party? How can we help you find the couch of your dreams? If you’re interested in answering these types of questions, you’ll love our innovative and dynamic team!
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
What You’ll Do:
- Craft intuitive product experiences, leveraging design thinking and industry best practices
- Join a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, product managers, engineers and analysts, and assist in the day-to-day work of designing delightful experiences
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and ideation sessions
- Produce and iterate on design deliverables that communicate solutions, such as user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Present work to, collaborate with, and collect feedback from partners
- Become an owner of work with supervision
- Contribute to a variety of research efforts (competitive benchmarking, user testing, audits, and synthesis of findings)
- Participate and contribute to team events and development sessions
What You’ll Need:
- A strong academic record, currently pursuing a degree in higher education
- A portfolio that demonstrates hands-on design work (digital UX and/or visual design work). Portfolio can be presented online or as a pdf
- Working knowledge of relevant design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, prototyping tools, etc.)
- Passion for the user with a strong interest in understanding their behavior
- A desire to collaborate cross-functionally, able to contribute as part of a team and individually
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfort prioritizing work and meeting deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- An ability to make decisions backed up by best practices, research, and understanding of user and business needs
- An analytical and process-oriented mindset, with strong problem-solving skills
A Strong Candidate Will:
- Be passionate about designing intuitive, compelling, and delightful experiences
- Have previous project experience
- Possess attention to detail
- Love problem-solving
- Enjoy collaborating within a team
- Be self-motivated, curious, and hungry to learn
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.