Note: This co-op is for 6-months. While it is no guarantee, Wayfair has worked with WIT schedules in the past, specifically a PT commitment in June/July into August.
E-Commerce Co-op (Merchandising and NA Retail)
June 28 – December 17, 2021
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE February 19
All candidates who apply on or before February 19, and who advance in our interview process, will receive an offer decision from the team by March 19. After February 19, we will continue the interview process to fill any remaining roles not filled during the Priority Period.
Wayfair is seeking data-oriented, enthusiastic, and self-motivated candidates for Co-op positions within our Merchandising and North American Retail business. E-Commerce Co-ops will have the opportunity to gain experience in core functional areas at the center of our online customer experience and contribute directly to the growth and success of the company.
A successful co-op will be able to develop a strong understanding of what drives e-commerce sales and leverage cross-functional relationships to drive business strategies to grow Wayfair’s retail business. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, curious and customer focused with great judgement and creative problem-solving skills. They will be passionate, organized, and comfortable working in a cross-functional environment. This is a unique role for a highly motivated individual that is interested in joining a high growth company and making an immediate impact.
The Global Merchandising organization is responsible for building and maintaining Wayfair’s e-commerce catalog of over 16 million+ products. The organization consists of multiple teams who each play a crucial role in defining and executing on best-in-class merchandising. The Global Operations Platform teams guide the management of our enormous product catalog and provide suppliers with tools to continually expand our product assortment. The Vertical Merchandising teams design an educational, inspiring, and navigable shopping experience that’s catered to the customer. The Data Integrations & Analytics teams leverage Big Data to optimize internal merchandising processes. Together, these teams deliver on key merchandising goals.
North American Retail
Wayfair continues to take the online customer experience to the next level, optimizing every part of the online shopping experience to help customers find what they’re looking for and create a home they love. The North American Retail organization is at the center of the online customer experience. At Wayfair, these teams set and execute the strategy for a product category, manage supplier relationships, run process improvement, and negotiate pricing and inventory. Team members are responsible for defining and creating a “best in class” online experience, working with Wayfair’s suppliers to ensure we provide customers with an endless assortment of products and great value. The organization encompasses teams such as Buying, Category Management, Lifestyle Luxury & Exclusive Brands, Promotions, 3D Operations and many more.
What You’ll Do: Merchandising
- Drive growth for Wayfair by identifying opportunities to improve Merchandising standards, product content and internal processes
- Drive customer satisfaction and trust by improving the quality of our product catalog leveraging tools, data and resources effectively
- Help implement new merchandising technologies at scale, using data and insights to make it easier for suppliers to execute on perfect merchandising
- Execute various merchandising projects as defined by the business strategy
- Work closely with the team manager(s) to develop and follow project roadmaps, including key activities, stakeholder engagement, and milestones
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders, utilizing strong communication skills to drive results on high-priority, high-impact projects
What You’ll Do: NA Retail
- Build key supplier relationships to enable successful negotiations and drive towards best-in-class customer experiences
- Create cross-functional partnerships to advance your category through merchandising, promotions, marketing, on-trend product selection, effective pricing and profitability strategy, and operational excellence
- Leverage big data to analyze the competitive environment and develop business cases for strategic initiatives
- Produce weekly reporting to keep your team and leadership informed regarding progress against key initiatives
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.