Note: This co-op is for 6-months. While it is no guarantee, Wayfair has worked with WIT schedules in the past, specifically a PT commitment in June/July into August.
Content Strategy/UX Writing Co-op
June 28th, 2021 – December 17, 2021
This position requires a cover letter and online portfolio. Include the link to your portfolio in your resume.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE FEBRUARY 19. All candidates who apply on or before February 19 and who advance in our interview process will receive an offer decision from the team by March 19. After March 19, we will continue the interview process to fill any remaining roles not filled during the Priority Period.
We’re the Content Strategy team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people perceive, discover, find, purchase, and have goods delivered to their homes. We’re a diverse team of world-class UX writers and strategists who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. One of three disciplines (along with User Research and Content Strategy) within the broader Experience Design team, our approach is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
We’re looking for enthusiastic students to work alongside our diverse team to write optimized site copy, coordinate research efforts, and regularly communicate updates to the broader group. Our ideal candidate excels in interpersonal communication, loves finding the right words, and is quick to get stuff done!
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
What You’ll Do:
- Write and edit digital content, transforming complex ideas into clear, approachable language
- Approach the user experience as a conversation: determining the right message, when to show it, and how to say it best
- Join a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers, and assist in the day to day activities of creating delightful experiences
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and ideation sessions
- Present work, collaborate, and collect feedback from partners
- Become an owner of work with supervision
- Contribute to a variety of research efforts (competitive benchmarking, user testing, audits, analyses etc.)
- Participate and contribute to team events and development sessions
What You’ll Need:
- A strong academic record, currently pursuing a degree in higher education
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong academic record
- A portfolio that demonstrates content strategy work, writing, or research. Portfolio can be presented as a pdf or online.
- Passionate about the user with a strong interest in understanding their behavior
- A desire to collaborate cross functionally, able to contribute as part of a team and individually
- Analytical and process-oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
A strong candidate will:
- Be passionate about creating clear and compelling messaging
- Have previous content project experience
- Be able to effectively explain writing process and language considerations
- Love problem solving
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Enjoy collaborating within a team
- Be curious and hungry to learn
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.