Note: This co-op is for 6-months. While it is no guarantee, Wayfair has worked with WIT schedules in the past, specifically a PT commitment in June/July into August.
Analytics Project & Product Management Co-op
June 28-December 17, 2021
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE February 26
All candidates who apply on or before February 26, and who advance in our interview process, will receive an offer decision from the team by March 26. After February 26, we will continue the interview process to fill any remaining roles not filled during the Priority Period.
This Product & Project Management co-op offers the opportunity to drive process improvement, operational excellence, and the delivery of key results on a cross-functional team. In this role, you will leverage Project Management and Agile Methodology development frameworks to effectively execute projects from kickoff to completion, including coordination of resources, meetings, feedback, and acceptance testing, while diligently working to ensure all projects are on track, on time, and in scope. You will also create and maintain essential project and product artifacts, to include: user story documentation, Business Requirements Documents, project plans, and timelines.
What You’ll Do: Project Management
- Own the operational management of a team of data engineers
- Lead and support the execution of long-term initiatives and ad-hoc projects through requirements definition, creation of project plans and timelines, and regular communication of project status, risks, key decisions, and next steps
- Identify opportunities for process improvement & design solutions
What You’ll Do: Product Management
- Attend and help facilitate Agile/Scrum software development ceremonies
- Create product dashboards that track and communicate our KPIs
- Support the development and launch of new products and features through the gathering of requirements, solution design with Engineering partners, implementation execution and planning, and launch communications
- Apply Product Management experience in a Software Development Organization with Agile and Scrum frameworks
- Receive hands-on experience using modern BI tools such as Google BigQuery, Looker, & Data Studio
- Develop a deep understanding of the Product Development Lifecycle
What You’ll Need:
- To be a rising Junior or Senior pursuing an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Business/Economics, Information Systems, Analytics)
- A lover of technology with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and succinctly summarize roadblocks, identify and drive implementations of solutions
- Inclination toward collaboration with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Point of view that is detail- and process-oriented, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Independent and quick-learning, with a bias towards action
- Strong sense of curiosity, adaptability, and humor
- Previous co-op or significant internship experience is strongly preferred
- SQL skills are a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.