JOB TITLE: Co-op
DEPARTMENT: Construction Operations
REPORTS TO: Superitendent
LOCATION: Boston, MA Job Site
· Help coordinate the subcontractors, vendors, and Walsh Brothers employees in the actual construction process.
· Understand and implement OSHA standards and requirements.
· Ensure that fire and police chiefs are aware of site access routes. Map the fastest hospital route and keep it posted.
· Assist the coordination and run carpentry crews for the construction of temporary safety structures and supports.
· Ensure that subcontractor safety programs are submitted to Walsh Brothers, and that they are reviewed and enforced.
· Assist in ensuring that manpower is coordinated with the material supplies and space available to perform work.
· Assist the Project Manager with material procurement through submittals.
· Ensure that work areas and material delivery areas are safe for new teams.
· Update the schedule monthly to account for progress and setbacks. Adjust as needed.
· Monitor materials as they are delivered. Ensue products match order slips and quality is acceptable.
· Monitor installation of materials and ensure that installation is correct by design standards.
· Oversee licensing and permitting process.
· Coordinate general conditions, which may include signage, temporary fences, site offices, hoisting, etc.
· Coordinate completion of the Punch List with subcontractors. Ensure that the scope of all work complies with project specifications. Coordinate execution of the Architect’s Punch List.
· Assist in the monitoring of subcontractors on a daily basis. In the event that subcontractors are not on-site when they should be, contact Project Manager and contact subcontractor office to locate them.
· Assist in the processing of shop drawings. Review the scope of the drawings to ensure they comply with company and owner expectations. If approved, forward to architects and engineers for processing.