The Vestmark Managed Services Team is a small team dedicated to the daily operation of the Vestmark Data Center. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of hardware, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to providing world-class hosted services to our growing customer base. Scalability, Security, and Disaster Recovery are the fundamental challenges the team takes on every day.
We are looking to add a college sophomore or junior majoring in network engineering, computer engineering or system engineering to our team. As a system engineer, you will ensure that Vestmark delivers and continues to deliver a high performance and reliable service. You will start with executing routine procedures and progress to take on more challenging tasks such as trouble shooting system issues, documenting network configurations, and implementing system upgrades and expansions. Our co-ops start doing meaningful work on their second day and are expected to contribute to the success of our Managed Services team.
- Implement routine requests such as IP Network Management, DB Backups and Restores, and FTP configuration.
- Respond to alerts from various monitoring tools to address disk space and other similar issues.
- Monitor and manage servers both physical and virtual.
- Expand disk space allocated on a storage area network.
- Troubleshoot system issues.
- Update system and process documentation.
- Create and manage tickets.
Minimum Qualifications (Requirements):
- Sophomore or junior majoring in computer engineering.
- Familiarity with computer networking and associated technologies including load balancing, switches, routers, VLANs, FTP and proxies.
- Solid understanding of computer systems including operating systems, database systems, storage, CPU and other similar resources.
- Initiative and drive to learn and contribute.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and interested in working as part of a quick moving team that is focused on results and positive energy.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Familiarity with Wikis and Jira
- Experience working with technology users as part of an IT Help Desk or similar organization
- Familiarity with Windows Operating System