Vanderweil Engineers is a 450+ person MEP Consulting Engineers firm with multiple offices across the country. We do work in many different market sectors including Science and Technology, Healthcare, Higher Education, Government, High-Rise Residential and Commercial. Many of our projects are unique, challenging, and high profile with world renowned architects, which can make our work more rewarding.
Electrical Engineer Co-op:
The Engineering Co-op will work on small teams with experienced engineers in the production of electrical design to layout electrical systems. Students with interest in the building engineering market who would like to learn about engineering for power distribution and lighting for building projects should apply.
· Work collaboratively with a small team under the leadership of a Senior Engineer on state of the art, complex building projects.
· Use Revit and AutoCAD to design layout of electrical systems.
· Use of measurement software such as SKM, ETAP, AGI 32, and/or AMPCALC4.
· May be involved in equipment research or selection and related mathematical calculations for the building systems.
· May attend vendor, subcontractor, and project meetings.
· May include travel to field sites to see buildings first-hand
· Participate in the Intern program for education of other areas in the company. Attend vendor luncheons and inter-departmental meetings with other trade disciplines.
About R.G. Vanderweil Engineers, LLP
You will experience great projects with strong technical and professional leadership and participate in an established mentorship program.
Vanderweil Engineers is a mechanical, electrical, plumbing, technology services, sustainability, and power engineering firm dedicated to providing value-added services. Our 450-person staff has expertise in many areas and we are committed to developing customized and innovative solutions.
Founded in 1950, Vanderweil is a company that values its clients, its employees and the environment – and we have built our practice accordingly. To enable us to provide personalized services, we have organized the firm around a series of specialty groups, each focused on a particular area of expertise. This allows us to create an experienced and responsive engineering team for each project. We try to involve young engineers in our projects, working closely with our senior engineers – a combination that provides energy, enthusiasm, and experience. Our portfolio includes projects of all types and sizes.
Over the last decade, Vanderweil has designed MEP systems for buildings of all types, cogeneration plants up to 50 MW, chilled water plants to 100,000 tons, hundreds of miles of transmission lines up to 345 kV, and utility grade substations up to 1000 MVA. Our buildings have incorporated many sustainability provisions, and over 175 have obtained LEED® certification. The firm is a LEED® Proven Provider™ and active participant in the AIA 2030 Commitment. We use Revit MEP/Navisworks as our BIM platform, and a variety of software for project management, energy modeling, computational fluid dynamics, pipe stress analysis, transmission tower foundation design, and other analytical work.