We pride ourselves in fostering a remote environment where our interns can learn and grow. Our internships offer students the opportunity to work on real assignments across multiple disciplines, while also directly relating to their coursework. Students are paired with a “buddy” and Team Leader, both of which provide day-to-day guidance on projects throughout the summer. We also rely heavily on our internship pool for entry-level full-time openings each year.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and multitasking environment, must embrace challenges and details, be resourceful, and have great organizational and time management skills
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a related engineering degree.
- At least 2 years of completed coursework as well as knowledge of Excel and AutoCAD is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Assist the team in researching, compiling, and examining a wide variety of structure related data.
- Assist in creating concept-level design of treatment works and perform computations for stormwater and watershed planning, and water quality studies.
- Under supervision, perform engineering calculations, proofreading, and copying of various reports and specs.
- Assist staff with a variety of projects and/or field assignments
- Potential to learn and perform light drafting tasks and potentially assist with small design tasks in AutoCAD.
Tighe & Bond is a growing, well-established, employee-owned, engineering and environmental consulting firm with over 420 employees. A Top 10 New England ENR design firm, Tighe & Bond was recognized by Civil Engineering News and Zweig Group as one of the “Best Firms” to work for in the country. Our team of engineers, scientists, planners, and other professionals provide creative solutions for critical challenges that impact water resources, wetlands, the environment, climate change, and sustainability from eleven offices across Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine and New York. The firm offers employees an inviting mid-size company culture and an opportunity to develop a rewarding career that can have an impact on the environmental development of the Northeast region.
Tighe & Bond is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.