Engineering Assistant: Remote and On-Site
Thermacell Repellents, Inc, seeks an enthusiastic individual with a “work hard, play hard” mentality to fill a temporary role as Engineering Assistant on our team.
Thermacell develops novel, industry leading spatial mosquito repellent devices for consumers that love to be outdoors. For over 20 years, Thermacell has brought disruptive thinking to the outdoor mosquito repellent category. Thermacell is a vibrant and energetic culture, with a mission to help consumers maximize their outdoor enjoyment.
The Engineering Assistant will be an important, and well-utilized member of a lean and high-output team. The individual in this role will experience the product development and product launch process firsthand, and will have the opportunity to make lasting contributions.
The Engineering Assistant will support the Product Research and Development team by:
· Planning, designing, and running experiments targeting advanced product performance
· Analyzing experimental data and reporting to the R&D team
· Monitoring live performance of products actively being used in field testing
· Aggregating data and briefing team on status with recommendations
· Conceptualizing and building prototypes to test hypotheses and reporting results.
Some functions of this role can be performed remotely, while others will require presence at our Bedford, MA laboratory. The exact working schedule can be tailored to suit both the program, and the best fit for the individual.
Required (must have) skills for this role are as follows:
· A self-starting and highly motivated attitude
· A natural curiosity and desire to learn and explore
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Highly organized work style and familiarity with the scientific method
· MS Office competency (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
· Comfort with basic hand tools and prototyping methods
· Experience setting up and running experiments
· Exposure to basic data acquisition and processing
The following additional skills are preferred (nice to have):
· Thermal measurement instrumentation setup and use
· Data acquisition and processing
· SolidWorks 3D CAD design
· Data Analytics
Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org