Are you ready to make an impact on the way technology enables our retail business and our bottom line? Then you’re ready to Discover Different. During this Engineering Co-op, you’ll get hands on training and build a thorough understanding of how technology is the key to driving results across every area of our global retail environment.
The Opportunity: Support Our Global IT Initiatives—And Our Business Model.
Global IT at TJX is offering Engineer co-op opportunities on our Technology teams based out of our Corporate Offices in Marlborough, MA and Framingham, MA, to students seeking to learn, grow and contribute in a fast-paced, dynamic global IT organization. You will gain industry experience in an Agile environment to develop innovative solutions that make our platforms even better, kick-starting your career in a global Fortune 100 retail technology environment. This fully paid opportunity allows you to join an Co-op class with your peers. With successful completion, you may be presented with a future offer to return to TJX!
*Targeted start date: Summer / Fall 2021
Start date may be flexible based on Campus calendar
Remote experience due to COVID-19
Co-ops have the opportunity to collaborate with experienced technology specialists globally to identify innovative technology solutions for the company. Every day, you’ll discover what makes working at TJX so different—working on projects that contribute to the IT strategy and priorities, as well as assisting with daily activities within the Global IT functions.
Multiple opportunities are available across a variety of disciplines including:
- Software Development
- Database Administration
- Test Automation
- Data Engineering
- Web Development
Responsibilities may include:
- Learn about TJX’s business and technologies
- Design, code and test solutions
- Review and evolve current processes
- Work autonomously and collaborate in groups to tackle challenges, advance projects, and complete assignments
Post Co-op: We’ve Got BIG Plans For You.
High-performing co-ops may be offered an opportunity to join us in a full-time Engineering role after graduation
Who We Are Looking For: It Just Might Be You.
We are looking for students who are highly motivated self-starters and who possess the ability to prioritize effectively, be proactive and flexible, and thrive in a fast-paced, professional environment. Additional skills include:
- Problem solving through thinking analytically and creatively
- Working autonomously and collaborating as part of a team
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Leadership abilities and good work ethic
- Interest in computer systems, the internet, networking and technology
- Current Junior-level status student (graduating in 2022)
- Available for the duration of the co-op program starting in Summer / Fall 2021 (flexibility afforded based on Campus calendar)
- Pursuing degree or specialization in Technical area (Bachelor’s)
- Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Data Analytics, or related major
What to Expect From Our Interview Process
- Learn more about TJX by attending virtual recruiting events.
- Virtual one-way interview (HireVue)
- Technical Assessment
- Final virtual behavioral interviews
- Offer to join TJX and Welcome to the TJX Family!