The Jr. System Administrator is a member of the Information Services (IS) Team and focuses on providing technical support for various back-end systems while working under the direct supervision and mentoring of the Senior Systems Administrator. This role provides an exciting opportunity to get experience with a wide range of technologies with a focus on systems administration tasks that support the QA, testing, auditing, and documentation of critical disaster recovery processes and systems.
If you’re someone who likes to take initiative, get hands-on experience, take on sole responsibility for business-critical tasks and projects, and are looking for an opportunity to get a jumpstart into a Systems Administrator role, this position may be for you.
- Assist the Senior Systems Administrator with testing, documentation, and other tasks and processes – with a particular focus on disaster recovery and business continuity
- Create and manage user accounts and security groups in Active Directory, G Suite
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Escalate issues as needed
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Create, validate, and update technical documentation
- Support IS Team QA and testing of new system functionality
- Provide occasional support for general technical issues
- Other duties as assigned