RF/Microwave Design Engineering Intern/Coop – Summer 2021
Teradyne (North Reading, MA) is seeking highly creative interns to be part of the elite Enabling Technology Team. This organization is responsible for transitioning emerging technology into production-ready tools to expedite product launch. Problems are multi-faceted, and team members are expected to work closely with other engineering disciplines, software, test, and operations to find solutions.
Intern candidates on this team should be able to thrive in a face-paced environment. Guidance and mentorship will be provided by subject matter experts, and team members are highly encouraged to bring-up their own fresh ideas. The ability to think through solutions and solve tough technical challenges is a must.
The internship opportunity encompasses the following day-to-day activities:
- Using simulation software (i.e., ADS, HFSS) to prove out design concepts
- Exploring millimeter-wave component and circuit packaging options
- Finding and characterizing best-in-class components
- Collecting data, analyzing results, and presenting the data to the extended design team
- Debugging issues with prototype hardware
- Basic software coding for lab equipment automation