Process and Estimating Engineer
Swissturn/USA is an ISO 9001:2015 registered, employee-owned (ESOP), contract manufacturer of precision components serving customers in the medical device, connector, laser, industrial hardware, defense, and many other industries. We are passionate about the success of our customers, our employees, and our company. We thrive by helping our customers be successful and by driving innovation throughout our management and manufacturing systems.
The Process and Estimating Engineer is responsible for all aspects of estimating and serves as the day to day technical support lead for manufacturing operations, engineering, purchasing, and sales. This position will provide technical, estimating, process development and sales leadership to support daily operations and drive continuous improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analyze requests for quotes, compile cost data to include material, labor, outside contracting, and packaging. Determine lead times and provide pricing to customers and prospects
· Analyze customer specifications to determine fit for Swissturn skill set and capabilities
· Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for projects
· Develop relationships both internally and externally to understand customer’s needs, team needs and expectations
· Utilize ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system to document all technical data, customer and quoting information, cost estimates, and customer requirements.
· Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
· Assist in identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives
· Generate new business and build on existing relationships
· Evaluate production operations, existing equipment, methods, processes and procedures to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies, safety, product quality and cost.
· Respond to customer sales and technical inquiries
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated experience in CAD Software: Solidworks preferred
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, including those that utilize GD&T.
• Knowledge of materials, swiss machining, plating, heat treating, and finishing processes.
• Knowledge of sales, quoting and estimating preferred
• Familiar with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing Principals
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
• Ability to work positively on a team
• Excels in customer service and willingness to go above and beyond to serve both internal teams and external customers.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines both independently and collaboratively
• Excellent problem solving and attention to detail skills
• Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
This position requires access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and/or other US government security regulations. Therefore, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents