State Electric is looking to enhance its estimating department to stay ahead of the industry’s changes and the growing demand for our services.
- Applicants will be required to perform all take-off and quantity surveys per company standardized procedures.
- Solicit subcontractor and material/equipment quotes from company approved vendors
- Prepare a complete bid summary for review by management that includes all correct factors per company standards and policies
- Prepare and submit scope letters, bid forms, and other bid submissions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Generate RFIs when appropriate prior to bidding
- Participate in construction turn-over meetings with the Operations Group.
- Work independently or with a team when needed to complete estimates and proposals in a timely and efficient manner.
Must have a working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
Acquire an understanding of the requirements of the project/program at hand
Select metrics to produce valid estimates
Attend regular site visits
Review documents or consult experts to collect all necessary data
Perform risk analysis
Prepare detailed estimates for senior management reviews
Prepare bid submissions for the appropriate parties
A working knowledge of ConEst is a plus but not required
Proficiency Microsoft Office
How to Apply