We are seeking an organized, motivated, Civil Engineering / Construction Management student to work on heavy civil construction Projects in the Boston, MA area.
The Co-Op will assist several project managers and superintendents in the management and construction of the Project. Work involves both administrative work in the office, as well as hands on work in the field. The individual will work closely with highly skilled professionals and experienced staff and gain valuable experience in the construction of a large heavy civil construction project.
Field work requires experience and confidence working in and around heavy industrial equipment. Activities and responsibilities require frequent sitting (often working on a computer), driving, frequent walking, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching. Due to tool and computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree, in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field;
- Positive attitude with a desire to succeed;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ready and willing to perform a variety of tasks, some may require Skanska training;
- Available to work extra hours, when needed;
- Willing to work for a variety of managers;
- Must be reliable and trustworthy;
- Interested in learning and understanding the construction industry.
Analytical and problem solving skills;
Time management Skills;
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Power Point & Excel);
Functions effectively as part of a team;
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities, and companies;
Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.