Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries. SGH has over 600 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, Waltham, MA and Washington DC.
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is seeking current students for a 2020 Internship and/or Co-op in all of our office locations.
As an Intern or Co-op, you will work side-by-side with industry-leading experts in the office and in the filed to gain hands-on experience while applying classroom knowledge to real-world challenges.
- Assist with construction monitoring, field investigations, condition assessments, construction observations as well as project drafting, structural design and analysis, and site inspections.
- Analyze materials, support our petrography staff, develop test protocols, design and construct testing apparatus, perform tests, and analyze test data.
- Collaborate with SGH engineers to perform reconnaissance on existing structures, conduct field tests, or monitor construction in progress.
- Organize field data and assist with research to facilitate analysis, problem solving, and repair design.
- Perform analysis under the guidance of licensed professionals using a combination of hand calculations and analysis software.
- Assist with preparation of client deliverables, including construction documents, specifications, and written reports.
Work may include travel and working from heights.
SGH has over 600 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, and Washington, DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. SGH considers all qualified applicants, and we encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply.
- Students should have an interest in civil and or structural engineering, materials science, architecture, and architectural engineering.
- Maintain high grades in their studies, interested in learning through hands-on work experience in a consulting engineering environment.
- Enthusiastic about the challenges associated with the development of sophisticated engineering work product in an atmosphere of high professionalism.
- Successful candidates must have strong communication abilities.