Note: This is a 6-month opportunity from January-June 2021. SharkNinja has accommodated WIT co-ops in the past, but that is no guarantee.
*This co-op will be remote and work onsite in Needham, MA.
We’re looking for Mechanical Engineering students to help us create a new generation of innovative products across NINJA, our Kitchen categories. We thrive on designing great products that delight our customers but know that it takes unusual individuals to make it happen. Working as part of our Product Innovation team you will bring technical substance and inspiration to our creative efforts to ensure that imaginative but credible solutions populate our ambitious product roadmap.
- Support the development of novel concepts and technologies for our next generation of products.
- Help communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD layouts, 3-D models and working prototypes to evaluate potential solutions.
- Build test rigs in the lab while supporting the execution of verification and validation test plans.
- Inject energy, enthusiasm and creativity into everything you touch.
- Be naturally curious and relentlessly driven to find better solutions to everyday problems.
- Demonstrate integrity and courage in the way you work, breaking the mold isn’t easy.
- Evaluate and improve designs for cost effectiveness, manufacturing improvements, increased quality and value.
- Identify new ideas, products and/or features that improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs and keep our product line at the forefront of our industry.
Attributes and Skills
- A natural and effective communicator capable of reducing abstract concepts to reality.
- Able to quickly generate visual and physical definitions of new products that convey key attributes of function and layout.
- A thorough understanding of basic physical principles.
- Creativity and technical knowledge are crucial in this position.
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have completed 2+ years in a Mechanical or Industrial Design Engineering degree program, while maintaining a 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA or better.
- 2019 and 2020 grads will be considered
- Positions available January -June
- Experience fabricating, assembling and testing prototypes
- Great communication skills
- Self-starter, energetic, keen to learn
- Flexible in approach
- Knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes and materials a plus.
- Candidates should have samples of design work, including sketch/work books demonstrating creative, problem-solving ability.
Our Intern/Co-op program is a great opportunity to learn about our business, build relationships and admit it, you’ve always wanted to add NINJA to your resume.