SGA, provides a complete range of architectural and interior design services – from master plans, feasibility and due diligence studies, program analysis, site selection and comprehensive design through construction administration services for office buildings, mixed-use, corporate interiors, multi-family housing and higher education projects in both urban and suburban settings.
The Architecture Intern position consists primarily of assisting the Architecture Department, but may also involve tasks assisting the Interiors Department, the Environmental Branding Department, the Virtual Design & Construction Department, or office Operating and Administrative functions as needed. This potential diversity of tasks is seen as beneficial in order to help expose Interns to the many facets of a design professionals practice.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Drafting assistance, including picking up redlines
· Assist in printing, collation and distribution of drawing sets
· Assist in preparation of presentation renderings
· Assist in preparation of presentation materials & finishes boards
· Assist in filing (electronic and/or paper)
· Upkeep of the library, including return of pulled samples to the library and to suppliers
· Schedule and assist with manufacturer representatives’ visits
· Assist staff in the selection of project materials & finishes, including ordering and research
· Special tasks and assignments, in-house or project based, as determined
• Must be a Junior or Senior at an accredited university working towards an Architecture degree.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including excel.
• Proficient in Revit
• AutoCAD knowledge a plus
• Experience in SketchUp and /or Adobe products is a plus
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as a team player.
• Displays ability to coordinate with all others, contributes to office knowledge and spirit in identifiable and demonstrated ways, helps to resolve team conflicts when they arise; conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times.
• Displays the desire to advance skills, contribute positively to projects and takes ownership of tasks and assignments.
• Continues to increase knowledge base to remain current in the industry; shows commitment to one’s own education and advancement by seeking and completing training and education.
• Articulates ideas well in both verbal and written communication