Sasaki Translator (Part-Time Freelancer)
For Translating English to Chinese
Sasaki is a 300-person design firm internationally-recognized for excellence in architecture, landscape architecture, planning and urban design. Through our interdisciplinary design practice, we positively impact the ways people value and interact with their environments. Our award-winning marketing department plays a critical role in Sasaki’s success, supporting the firm’s business development, project pursuit, and communications activities.
Sasaki is seeking a freelance translator to translate long-form written content from English to simplified Chinese on an as-needed basis, amounting to a commitment of approximately 16 hours per month. The translator works closely with our international marketing coordinator to provide high-quality translated pieces, which can include project narratives, blog posts, and journal articles on topics of architecture, planning, and landscape architecture. Final review of translations will be conducted by senior bilingual designers and at least one round of revision on each translation is expected.
• Provide accurate, artful, and academic quality translations, transcriptions, and summaries of English text into Chinese
• Translate in accordance with designated style and quality standards
• Provide quality translations in the specified timeframe, meeting publication deadlines
• Communicate with bilingual teams fluently in English verbally and in writing
• Two+ years of professional translating experience, preferably within the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry, or a demonstrably strong writing background in both English and Chinese
• Background and interest in the design and AEC industry
• A proactive approach to process improvement
• Strong attention to detail
• Please supply a 300-500 word cover letter
• Please provide 3+ examples of your translations with the original copy, your first pass at translation, and final edited outputs.
Send materials/application to Joy Yang: email@example.com