Samiotes Consultants, Inc., is a civil engineering and land surveying company specializing in site development. We are located in Framingham, MA.
The Samiotes Consultants full time paid co-op/ internship program affords undergraduates and recent graduates the opportunity to experience firsthand exposure to real projects, interdisciplinary design best practices, and hands on project experience. We are committed to our employees’ personal and professional growth.
As a civil engineer/ survey technician co-op/ intern on the Samiotes team, you will have the opportunity to contribute in an engaging and creative environment while developing your skills in a professional atmosphere. You will gain practical experience with opportunities to develop your skills through exposure to projects start to finish from in-field surveys, designing, and the construction process.
You will have many opportunities over the co-op/ internship to learn about the values of Samiotes Consultants, such as sustainability, design innovation, and Low Impact Development as well as gain experience working on projects for Corporate, Commercial, Higher Education, K-12 Education, Athletics, Municipal, and many other diverse clients.
Interns are given the opportunity to network with all our professionals including our Principals, President, Department Heads, Senior Associates, Engineers & Surveyors as well as with clients. Samiotes interns are given the opportunity to attend site-visits, as well as Lunch-and-Learns, other office-wide events and participate in weekly Design Discussions. Co-ops/ interns who demonstrate strong project performance, capability, innovation & creativity will be considered for full-time employment.
Day to Day Responsibilities will vary while working closely within the civil & survey departments.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Aiding Project Managers with site/civil design work
· AutoCAD drafting
· Project permitting and approvals (including Conservation, Planning, Zoning, Board of Health)
· Preparing transmittals, mailing(s)
· Stormwater management design & calculations
· Reviewing shop drawings
· Writing site visit memos
· Uploading and downloading of survey data
· Property line & utility research
· General office support when needed
Please send your cover letter and resume to Despina Samiotes at firstname.lastname@example.org
• All applicants must currently be enrolled in an engineering degree program or be a recent graduate.
• 0 to 3 years of civil engineer or survey experience.
• Successful applicants are expected to have working knowledge and some experience with AutoCAD; HydroCAD a plus.
• Strong writing skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Valid driver's license
• School Visa for International Students
• Ability to work, out in the field, under all weather conditions