RND Consultants, Inc. is a small and growing company providing engineering, real estate acquisition, and construction solutions to public and private clients with a focus in transportation and real estate development. We are currently seeking to fill a position for a junior construction field engineer. This full-time position will work with one of RND top clients and be placed in their field office to support transportation projects in Massachusetts.
We are seeking qualified applicants who will be responsible for assisting with the management of the execution of projects and monitor heavy rail track and signal improvements and will report directly to the Owner’s project manager. This candidate shall perform field inspections and document the work performed including all time and materials. The field engineer shall also assist the Owner in reviewing of payment requisitions, claims, changes, schedules and budget.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Assisting with the monitoring of construction activities to ensure quality, project schedule adherence and compliance with drawings, and specifications and codes.
• Recommending resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors.
• Preparing detailed daily reports.
• Tracking labor, material and equipment on a time and material basis.
• Verifying requests for payment and invoices from contractors including proper supporting documentation.
• Preparing quantity takeoffs.
• Attending project-related meetings.
• Assisting project controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
• Preparing and monitoring punch lists.
• Liaising with executive and senior management concerning requests and queries.
• Maintaining the highest level of safety awareness and ensure all tasks are completed to the highest safety standards.