RBC Bearings is a well known international manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered precision plain, roller and ball bearings. We have been providing bearing solutions to our customers since 1919. Over the past ten years, under the leadership of our current management team, RBC Bearings has significantly broadened our end markets, products, customer base and geographic reach. We currently have 31 facilities, of which 28 are manufacturing facilities in four countries.
Purpose and Scope:
Entry level position in manufacturing engineering as part of our manufacturing training and development program. This position will provide an excellent developmental opportunity in operations and manufacturing combined with practical hands on projects contributing directly to the performance and success of the company. Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Drives product and process changes to reduce cost and lead time and improve quality and delivery. Position will include a mentorship and corporate exposure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support manufacturing production processes with all required technical needs.
• Develop and improve manufacturing processes by deploying product and manufacturing method enhancements.
• Determine product and process manufacturing flow and sequences, material and labor requirements, and quality inspection points.
• Create and maintain manufacturing routers and processes
• Must be able and willing to work extra time as necessary to ensure completion of assigned tasks
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of this position.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
• Experience/working knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Ability to read and decipher manufacturing drawings and procedures
• Intermediate materials knowledge
• Working knowledge of solid modeling