R. J. Kenney Associates Inc., (RJK) is a building enclosure science firm that performs work throughout the US, and focuses on the investigation, engineering, and rehabilitation design of existing buildings and consulting services on new projects. The building enclosure encompasses the roofing, exterior walls, fenestrations (windows, doors, and wall openings) and foundation waterproofing systems. We also maintain a licensed testing laboratory and evaluate the performance of building and construction related materials.
As a Co-op at RJK, you will work on projects that range from small residential buildings to large high-profile commercial and institutional buildings. You will receive valuable experience by applying knowledge gained in the classroom to real world situations by assisting our expert staff of Engineers, Architects and building science professionals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist field inspectors, Architects, Engineers with investigations of existing building failures, and attend site visits and meetings on new construction projects.
- Collect information during forensic investigations in preparation for analysis in our office/laboratory.
- Assist in report preparation and generation of technical documents.
- Work with in-house experts in sketching and drafting repairs.
- Update social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), and website periodically.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with software such as AutoCad, Revit, SketchUp, Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Familiarity with Bluebeam, WUFI, Therm and website development software is a plus.