Performance Contracting is seeking an entry level Associate Project Engineer Co-Op Intern for Summer and Fall 2021 semesters.
The intern is designated a mentor within their assigned branch who will work on completing the Performance Contracting Intern Activities Checklist which must be signed off by both intern and mentor to ensure completion and understanding of each activity. As tasks are completed, interns are to complete Weekly Project Recaps which tracks individual activities and requires detailed description of what was done, with whom it was completed with and what is taken away from the task. Examples of tasks to be completed on the Intern Activities Checklist:
- Learn how to write detailed proposals.
- Prepare bid analysis and review.
- Understand and demonstrate project scheduling.
- Attend pre-bid walk-through.
- Learn the management process of project labor control, material handling and job-cost analysis.
- Learn how to effectively manage subcontractors, materials and equipment.
- Work directly with owners, construction managers, architects, engineers and contractors.
- Assist in preparation of quantity take-offs.
- Maintain accurate and timely project documentation and correspondence.
- Understand preparation a financial job cost analysis.
- Learn the administration of the corporate safety program to minimize job site accidents.
- Understand specialized equipment utilization.
- Track and cost value material handling.
- Must be a currently enrolled student seeking a Construction Management, Construction Engineering or comparable degree.
- Work authorization.
- Must have reliable source of transportation.
- Must be willing to relocate for the assignment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- A clear understanding of how to read and understand specifications and drawings.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to learn new job skills by engaging in the technical aspects of the job and applying new skills as they are taught.
- Customer service skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
At Performance Contracting our employees are our greatest asset. We put our people first and are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees at every stage of life.
In our commitment to fostering an environment where everyone can thrive personally and professionally, we offer:
- Competitive pay, $18/hour
- Housing provided
- Relocation cost is reimbursed
- Medical and prescription drug insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
Performance Contracting Group, (PCG) its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. PCG is a background screening, drug-free workplace.