Software Engineer Intern
Location: PCI Massachusetts HQ (Lexington, MA)
Anticipated Start: Mid-May 2021
Internship length: 3-4 months (Summer 2021)
PCI is seeking aspiring Software Engineers for a Summer 2021 Internship, to support company operations at our MA Corporate Headquarters located in Lexington, MA.
PCI provides the expertise and solutions required to overcome some of the most complex national challenges in defense, homeland security, and intelligence. This Internship provides an excellent opportunity for hands-on learning and support, while working as a part of a dynamic Agile Scrum team.
· Work on a Scrum Team to develop a Jira or Confluence plugin.
· Follow Agile methodologies to develop and implement software on cadence.
· Research and apply project-specific development processes, tools, and languages.
· Provide support for and maintain developed plugin.
· Ideal candidates should be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline) with a focus in software development; and be entering/in their Junior/Senior year of school.
· Candidates must have availability to work throughout Summer 2021.
· Must be self-motivated, proactive and capable of working with limited supervision.
· Must be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate technical aspects of project to Team members and Leadership.
· Prior experience with software unit testing – highly desired.
· Agile software development background (Scrum) experience – highly desired.
· Experience with Confluence and Jira – highly desired.
PCI, a BigBear.ai Company, provide students with a fully immersive experience. Students will work on a real-world Scrum team, supporting the development of apps and plugins. Students will engage in a real-world PI Planning event, Iteration Reviews & Demos, an I&A workshop, etc. As a SAFe Silver Partner, we also provide free internal training opportunities on SAFe for Government and SAFe Scrum Master, with the potential for certification.
BigBear.ai is a new leader in decision dominance serving the national defense and intelligence communities. The Company delivers high-end capabilities across the data and digital spectrum to deliver information superiority and decision support. BigBear.ai provides a comprehensive suite of solutions including artificial intelligence and machine learning, data science, advanced analytics, offensive and defensive cyber, data management, cloud solutions, digital engineering, and systems integration.