In order to be considered for this position, candidates must apply at our website: Transducer Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op, Fall 2021
We are currently looking for a Co-Op to join our transducer production engineering team in our Waltham, MA office. This 4- or 6-month position will run from July 2021 or September 2021 to December 2021. This is a full- time opportunity involving 40 hours per week.
Experiences that grow you—and your career.
As a Production Engineering Co-Op, you will contribute to our mission by working with the teams responsible for delivering product innovations to market
In a typical day, you will:
* Analyze manufacturing data using Excel Power BI and other software tools.
* Create and update documentation for manufacturing standard of work.
* Conduct studies and propose improvements to the overall process flow and spatial utilization based on Lean Manufacturing principles.
* Perform time studies and update time standards.
* Evaluate ergonomics and safety within the Manufacturing operations.
* Read and understand basic engineering drawings schematics block diagrams and electrical component specifications.
* Design model and purchase basic fixturing using Solidworks.
* Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing or other Engineering discipline.
* Must not now or in the future require immigration-related sponsorship.
***Olympus policy is not to provide immigration-related sponsorship for internships, co-ops and other entry-level roles that are fed by the internship and co-op program. Accordingly Olympus discourages applicants for such positions who will either now or in the future require Olympus sponsorship in order to obtain or maintain lawful employment authorization.
* Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions.
* Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery.
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to take the initiative and drive for results.
* Experience with 2D and/or 3D CAD programs is a plus.