Incorporated in 1955, Ocean Steel has grown to become one of the largest steel fabricators in Eastern Canada and one of the most respected steel suppliers on the Eastern Seaboard. It services several markets, including all of Canada, the Eastern United States, Bermuda and the Caribbean. Ocean designs, fabricates and erects structural steel for buildings and bridges. It also manufactures and installs platework, such as breechings, stacks, ducts, penstocks, process & storage tanks and custom process-equipment. Ocean Steel has two, modern New Brunswick-based plants in Saint John and in Fredericton. We currently have sales offices in Saint John, New Brunswick, Burlington, Massachusetts and Conklin, New York.
- Proactively coordinate with Field Supervisors, Project Management and Quality Control to ensure conformance to project requirements
- Conduct internal field audits examining conformance to Company standards and project requirements, including:
- Preconstruction planning
- Practices and procedures
- Safety considerations
- Quality Control
- Provide appropriate documentation of internal audit findings (report, drawings, pictures)
- Act as the liaison between the corporate office and erection contractors
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma in an Engineering or Technology discipline (i.e. Construction Management, Civil Engineering Technology)
- Experience using MS software programs is required
- Previous experience in the construction industry and knowledge of standard field practices would be considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, Ocean Steel and Construction Limited offers a comprehensive compensation package including 401K, Life Insurance, Health and Dental Benefits and a variety of other employee programs.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over one thousand employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers’ needs; and, providing top quality products & services.