Position Title: Systems Analyst I
Job Description: Under the supervision of a Director/C-level, the Systems Analyst I is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to address problems relating to computer ease of use, reliability, mobility/remote access, and systems management.
Why Work at Novus:
· Collaborative, high-tech, and fun culture
· Medical/dental/vision/company-paid life/voluntary
· Generous PTO and flexible schedule
· Safe harbor 401k contribution and company match
· Skills development, training, mentoring opportunities, and tuition
· Profit sharing
· Referral and spot bonuses
· Apprenticeship program – we grow our own!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Advanced skill set and experience
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· May lead the work of others
· Provides technical assistance to users for a variety of software and hardware products.
· Resolves hardware-related problems.
· Installs new software releases and system upgrades
· Coordinates with leadership to plan, design, and schedule the release of all software, hardware and operating systems updates
· Installs, configures, and maintains the organization’s computer systems and associated peripheral equipment
· Maintains backups and monitors systems to ensure data integrity.
· Maintains operating efficiency and stability
· Ensures the security and integrity of all systems and data
· Responds to outages and other issues
· Assists in developing and implementing standard information technology concepts, practices and procedures.
· Develops and enhances processes and technical documentation, creates back-up procedures, test plans, and reports
· Prioritizes and responds to requests for service and may provide escalation support to support staff
· On-call when needed, including the ability to work outside normal work hours for server upgrades.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Experience: 0-3 years’ experience; co-op experiences a plus
· Skills: A wide degree of creativity is expected. Strong computer, analytical and communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Visio. Extensive experience with Windows client and server operating systems. Experience with Windows Server/Active Directory. Ability to systematically troubleshoot complex problems. Knowledge of computer networking fundamentals including switching, firewalls, TCP/IP. Strong knowledge of server and desktop virtualization technologies required. Excellent organizational skills. Strong attention to detail. Strong oral and written communication skills. Must fulfill ITAR citizenship requirements.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The person in this position needs to frequently move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Continually operates a computer and other office productivity machinery. Frequently positions self to maintain computers, including under the desks and in the server closet. Requires the ability to manipulate small parts for the building of servers. The person in this position continually communicates with individuals; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to view electronic information. Occasionally moves equipment. Frequently travels to business-related sites.
Generally normal conditions with reasonable workstation flexibility. Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer / Chief Information Officer
Manage Others: No
Job Type: Analyst
Employee Type: Co-op, with potential to transition to full time
Travel: Frequently throughout the state
Compensation: Based on qualifications
Novus Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Vet-Friendly Employer.
Please direct resumes to Heather Petrone, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.