NOVO Construction is seeking a Project Engineer Intern for commercial construction projects. Candidate should possess a minimum of 1 internship and/or 1 year of commercial construction experience. Estimating skills, understanding of all building trades materials and methods with a special emphasis on Mechanical, Electrical, and Piping trades and strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Candidate will report to the Project Manager, Senior Project Manager and/or Project Executive and will work directly with the Project Superintendent with the possibility of managing subcontractors and support staff.
Candidate is responsible for detailed scope coordination, material submittal and review, schedule coordination, and facilitating communication between owner, architect, subcontractors and other vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned on an individual basis.
• Attend and coordinate project job walks
• Prepare Request for Proposals
• Analyze subcontractor proposals and generate Bid Tabulations
• Produce quantity take-offs for multiple disciplines
• Conduct project walks with Superintendent
• Work with Safety Director to establish Site Specific Safety Plans
• Support Superintendent and contact Safety Director before beginning of each project and demolition
• Coordinate and review site specific EH&S plans with Safety Director, Superintendent and entire construction team
• Draft Owner/Client contracts and Subcontract agreements for review by PM, SPM or PX
• Function as main point of contact with Subcontractor’s field and office personnel
• Review and prepare Subcontractor invoices for PM or PX approval on a monthly basis
• Develop, track and manage RFI, Submittal and Change Order Logs
• Generate action item lists and follow-through to completion
• Coordinate and update Master Drawing Set and logs
• Distribute project drawings, addenda, design changes, RFIs, submittals and documentation to extended team
• Monitor and log 3rd party testing, project access and logistics plans
• Prepare, monitor and update Master Schedule
• Work with Project Superintendent to identify project progress to date
• Identify potential project impacts and proposed solutions
• Attend and contribute in weekly Owner, Architect and Contractor meetings
• Review subcontractor and vendor drawings and submittals for adherence to plans and specifications
• Conduct coordination meetings with Architects, Engineers and multiple subcontractor trades
• Interface with Architect and Engineers to efficiently resolve technical issues and convey information to field and entire team