We currently have an opening for a Transportation Engineering Co-op for the Fall term. Responsibilities for this co-op include:
• Performing CAD drafting and simple design tasks using current computer software.
• Performing routine design tasks such as roadway layout, traffic management, traffic signal, construction estimates, and utility design. Working on portions of projects on a task by task basis.
• Practicing solving engineering problems using experience, judgment, and education, and will always work with a project engineering and project manager.
• Conducting traffic data collection as directed by the engineer or project manager.
• Working from and creating design drawings that are to standard.
• Producing graphs, charts, overlays, simple isometric, and perspective drawings using CAD systems.
• Preparing quantity and cost estimates when requested.
• Scanning existing conditions information.
• Making copies/organize outside companies for completing project-related deliverables.
Current enrollment in a college-level technical program or an accredited university engineering program.