Assistant Project Managers are an integral part of the project team which owns the project from start to finish so they are responsible for the outcome.
1. Helping to maintain a project schedule.
2. Ensuring all documents and materials are maintained throughout a project.
3. Identifying, tracking, and procuring all necessary materials ensuring they arrive as needed and in line with the project schedule.
4. Identifying any lead-time problems or set-backs (i.e. strikes, shut downs, back logs), working with PM to resolve and keeping all appropriate parties in the loop regarding project implications.
5. Managing the submittal process and change order process while effectively communicating with subcontractors and project team as needed to ensure potential issues are quickly resolved.
6. Maintaining current financial reports to quickly identify potential and existing issues that could lead to sub-par financial performance; work with Project Manager to address.
7. Developing and maintaining positive Subcontractor relationships through established strong communication in regards to responsibilities, changes and issues as well as following up on requests in a timely manner.
8. Developing critical client relationships through being available for client requests, working collaboratively with outside parties (i.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals and maintaining close communication across Project Team regarding client contact tactics and strategies.