Methods Machine Tools, Inc. is a leading supplier of cutting-edge precision machine tools and solutions – providing superior products, engineering and automation, parts and service. A co-op position is available in our Operations department working with the Continuous Improvement Manager. The Process Engineering Co-op will lead the efforts for process improvement and waste elimination throughout operations, engineering, and business practices. This position requires a high energy positive attitude with the capability and desire to be engaged in cross-functional teams and drive projects to completion on time and within budget. You will be working Monday through Friday with a 1 hour lunch, 40 hours total per week with opportunity for overtime. You will need access to a vehicle.
- Strong collaboration with engineering and production to drive people, equipment, materials, and facilities to cost effectively exceed customer expectations while meeting internal financial and operational metrics
- Gain an understanding of and apply lean six sigma principles to the manufacturing environment and business operations
- Work closely with site leadership team and corporate leaders to achieve overall business goals
- Document work completed and results achieved. Develop and update standards as changes are made.
- Audit of completed projects to sustain improvements
- Participate in cross-functional teams in continuous improvement activities
- Develop & implement sustainable 5S, visual control, Standard Work, Transactional Process Improvement, & Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programs. Facilitate these efforts within assigned areas as directed by the Methods executive management team
The Co-op will work closely with application engineering, production, sales, and management.