Methods Machine Tools, Inc. is a leading supplier of cutting-edge precision machine tools and solutions – providing superior products, engineering and automation, parts and service. Methods Machine Tools Inc. has opportunities within its Automation Engineering division and is seeking a mechanical design engineer dedicated to designing automation components. The Mechanical Design Co-op will assist the efforts for the design of mechanical robotic system components and mechanical assembly. You will be working Monday through Friday, with a 1 hour lunch, 40 hours total per week. You will need access to a vehicle. GPA 3.0 strongly recommended.
- Design robotic mechanical components using SOLIDWORKS
- Detail 2-D drawings of designed components
- Mechanical and electrical assembly, and installation of Robot and robotic system components
- Strong collaboration with applications engineering and production to drive people, equipment, materials and facilities to exceed customer expectations while meeting internal financial and operational metrics.
- Basic machining/fabricating of mechanical components using equipment such as the Bridgeport
- Support the engineering change notice (ECN) process