Join our skilled and dedicated team in working on local and often highly recognizable projects in and around the Greater Boston area. We want you to utilize your technical experience, as well as the ability to interact with clients and other members of the project team in a positive and constructive way.
We are accepting applications from civil engineers for a field technician co-op position. The successful candidate will work with a dedicated team of engineers, geologists and scientists on projects in the field involving subsurface explorations, foundation-related construction, and remediation of soil and groundwater impacted by oil and hazardous materials. The job will require daily travel to construction sites which are primarily located in eastern Massachusetts.
Responsibilities will include:
– Monitor foundation-related construction activities such as earthwork, ground improvement, and pile installation.
– Perform in-place density testing on back-fill material.
– Coordinate with contractors.
– Prepare daily field reports.
– Perform environmental sampling of soil, groundwater, soil gas and indoor air.
– Monitor environmental remediation.
– Perform laboratory geotechnical testing.
– Perform vibration monitoring with seismographs.
– Monitor subsurface explorations (i.e. borings, test pits, etc.)
– Communicate activities with project team on a daily basis.
McPhail has a strong family-like culture that is fostered by weekly informal social gatherings, regular in-house knowledge sharing sessions, and annual summer and winter company-wide outings. Our culture has produced a close-knit group of employees and friends who collaborate daily with each other and with architects, engineers and contractors working toward a shared goal of a successful project for all involved.