Mayflower Communications Company is a technology leader in the research and development of GPS (Global Positioning System) related hardware and software, including specialized receivers, anti-jam systems and other advanced products for government and commercial markets. Our ongoing work in high performance anti-jam GPS solutions and integrated communication / navigation systems continues to create career opportunities for talented individuals interested in the development of these cutting edge technologies. Mayflower’s R&D focus includes GPS/INS systems, adaptive space-time antenna control techniques, data link receivers, attitude determination and control systems, and wireless communication systems. This position requires US Citizenship.
What You Will Learn:
The primary job function in this role is to assist in the hardware (RF and Digital) design of Mayflower’s cutting edge GPS Receiver, Anti-Jam and Wireless Communication systems. As an intern at Mayflower, you will have the opportunity to work under our senior engineers in the design and development of our GPS/wireless communication systems while learning valuable skills in the following areas:
· OrCAD Schematic Capture / PADS layout or similar tools using Mayflower ASICs, State-of-the-art FPGAs, COTS microcontrollers, RF filters, LNAs, ADCs, DACs, VCOs, etc.
· Design Reviews
· Laboratory assistance with board bring-up, lab debug, validation and tools (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers, network/spectrum analyzers, GPS simulators)
· Organizational and interpersonal skills
· Documentation skills
What Qualifies You:
· We are looking for bright students working towards their B.S. / Masters (and a major in Electrical Engineering) with primary interest in becoming a Hardware Engineer (3.5 GPA is recommended, but not required)
· A reliable means of transportation
· US Citizenship is absolutely required due to DoD contracts
Why Choose Mayflower:
Unlike at some larger companies, you won’t disappear into the herd here. Mayflower is a small, hand selected team of professionals, whose contributions are noticed and rewarded. And if your performance meets our expectations, a clear path to full time employment with us could be yours. As a Mayflower career employee, you will have the opportunity to work with other talented engineers actively involved in the research and development of leading edge technologies that safeguards our nation, and advances the frontiers of our military’s defensive capabilities. If this is a cause you want to contribute to, here’s your chance.
Mayflower Communications Company, Inc.
11 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730