At MassDOT, transportation is not about roads and bridges, or trains and buses – it is about people. Our mission begins with customers – individuals, businesses, municipalities, and regional transit agencies. We support programs and projects that deliver a high return on investment. We partner with municipalities, public agencies, and private sector businesses. MassDOT supports the economic, quality of life, and environmental goals of the Commonwealth.
Duties & Responsibilities
The MassDOT/MBTA Security & Emergency Management (S&EM) department serves the MassDOT Highway Division, Registry of Motor Vehicles, Aeronautics Division, as well as the MBTA. Our capabilities and responsibilities include:
- Design and integration of security upgrades at facilities and on board transit vehicles.
- A dedicated security network and supporting infrastructure.
- Employee/contractor badging and access control system.
- An extensive security video system with stationary and mobile (bus/drone) cameras.
- 24/7 security operations center monitoring for incidents and maintenance issues.
- Emergency management planning, training, exercises, and coordination
For Summer 2021, we are seeking enthusiastic and capable individuals to serve as interns and support us in the following areas:
- Security Operations
- Security Projects
- Security Systems
- Video Analysis
- Emergency Management
The internships may involve assisting with security installations, participating in training and exercises, learning about networks, and assisting with a variety of logistics and coordination relating to security and emergency management across all MassDOT’s modes of transportation.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at email@example.com.