An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
The Municipal Grants Program Assistant will work with the Community Grants Program Administrator for the Massachusetts Department of Transportation Highway Division on the overall administration and marketing of the Highway Division’s Municipal Grant Programs. This individual will assist with developing marketing collateral to be used with 351 cities and towns throughout the commonwealth, will collect and analyze data associated with construction projects, and will assist with the administration of grant application rounds and awards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Collect and analyze financial data related to the programs.
- Collect and analyze data to produce reports on post-construction data.
- Assist with tracking Complete Streets program metrics on a monthly basis.
- Assist with developing dashboards and reports related to municipal programs
- Update web content for municipal grant programs
- Assist with ongoing development of municipal grants portal
- Assist with developing guidance documents and other collateral for municipalities related to grant programs
- Assist with development of reports
- Work with Highway Division staff and MassDOT communications team on developing material for press releases and other content for media.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Work with municipalities to gather feedback on how programs may be meeting their needs and how the programs may evolve.
- Provide outreach and support to municipalities on using the new municipal portal
- Processing grant documents and tracking contract requirements and deadlines
- Assisting municipalities with transactions on the municipal portal