An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
In this role, the intern will drive the review, analysis and documentation of assets that are currently not discoverable on the corporate network. This can include organizing assets in 10PP and QHQ and help to setup an inventory list for each district office. The intern will also be a member of the Future of Work initiative for MADOT. The intern will work with team to image laptops, contact users to setup time to transition from loaner laptop to single corporate device, as well as transitioning the users to One Drive for Business at the same time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and document all physical technology assets.
- Aggregate and clean all new and existing records of technology assets
- Work with team to populate database of record for IT hardware assets.
- Work with the Procurement team to document purchase dates and support contract dates for technology assets
- Identify end of life dates for different asset types, document for future review.
- Make recommendations on process improvements for asset management
- Assist in Future of Work initiative. Transition of employees to laptop only device.
- Work with team to review fileshare locations. Clean up old, obsolete documents where possible.
- General business administration knowledge (e.g. Internships, office work experience, class work).
- 2+ years’ experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially Excel.
- General understanding of technology hardware (desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, servers, networking).
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in creating and presenting reports to senior level managers/professors.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants must agree to and successfully satisfy: (i) a comprehensive name-based and fingerprint-based background check of his/her state and federal criminal history records information from all U.S. states, the District of Columbia and certain U.S. Territories and from some foreign nations; (ii) an employment reference check, and (iii) a satisfactory review of his/her driving records to be eligible for this position.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.