An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data‐analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies, and the private sector – we are finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
The Business Analyst Intern is responsible for the analysis, configuration, management, and reporting for the MassDOT application portfolio. The Business Analyst Intern is accountable for working with the business units, application development teams, and infrastructure teams to analyze existing systems and make recommendations for improvements or alternative solutions. This position focuses on supporting the application portfolio supported by the MassDOT Applications team
Initially this position will focus on supporting Call center application. The Call Center Business Analyst Intern is responsible for the business requests analysis, prioritization and reporting for the MassDOT ACD/Call Center technology (Five 9). The Business Analyst Intern is accountable for working with the business groups to collect and document requirements for new business ideas and initiatives, and make sure the platform is meeting their expectations. Identify gaps in features, review opportunities for business process simplification, document in SharePoint repository and provide reporting to Sr. Director, Applications. This position focuses on supporting the Five9 technology the Call Center groups are using today. The Business Analyst Intern will be in a supporting role as a liaison working alongside the IT Project Lead between the business and IT for Call Center initiatives. Five9 platform is being used across various divisions within MassDOT – RMV, Highway, IT and HR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with various stakeholders, and application owners to solicit, review, analyze, define, and document overall business requirements.
- Analyze user system needs and issues, and identify potential process improvements.
- Prepare specifications for custom reports and queries from vendors, end users, and IT leadership.
- Support Applications initiatives in the development of work plans, estimates, and timelines.
- Gather and document workflow, high-level and detailed gap analysis and sometimes business and technical requirements by guiding stakeholders through their workflow processes.
- Manage system improvements in coordination with business, vendors, and application development teams.
- Ensure all support tickets are documented with status, customer communications and full description of the problem/resolution daily
- Ensure effective communications between the business, internal IT staff, and vendors.
- Facilitate the definition for future project scope, milestones, tasks, deliverables, and resource requirements.
- Lead initiatives to enhance application capabilities.
- Escalate issues that require executive attention.
- Maintain and manage current state and future state documentation, help build business requirements for projects – Short term and long term
- Develop use case scenarios for user acceptance testing process.
- Perform data analysis and provide reporting as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to define, manage and exceed customer expectations.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth
- Perform with a strong sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- High level of professionalism and focus on quality.
- Familiarity with Web and SAAS cloud applications and configuration
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with strong Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build consensus across various project stakeholders including, IT management, business customers and other IT colleagues and team members.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at email@example.com.