An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
The intern will be part of the Information security team within MassDOT that are responsible for the development, maintenance and communication of information security policies, guidance, compliance and process and procedure documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with security management tasks, including vendor management and procurement.
- Assist with the developing and maintaining the repository of reference documents for information security architectures and strategies, technical standards, and requirements, applicable to all information technology projects.
- Research information security issues and regulatory changes affecting transportation at the state and national level.
- Provide Information Security Communication support by:
- Managing InfoSec inboxes.
- Contributing to the Digital Safety Newsletter.
- Strong technical writing background.
- Experience with policy development.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with standard MS Office Suite, Visio, Project and SharePoint.
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) skills targeted at a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at email@example.com.