An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
The co-op program provides opportunities to gain practical work experience in public administration. As a paid co-op, you will be engaged in a variety of projects, and responsible for delivering results, both as an individual and as a member of a team. We welcome your fresh perspective and energy, as you gain experience in a state government environment. This is a great opportunity to jump start your career!
Ever heard of Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing? It’s a new and growing field – where marketing meets talent attraction! Our Talent Acquisition team uses marketing and branding principles to tell inspiring employee stories across an array of channels so candidates can picture what it would be like to work with us at MassDOT.
We’re looking for a full time coop who is passionate about storytelling and wants to help us build marketing materials that we’ll use to spread the word about why people love working here! As a part of the Talent Acquisition team, you’ll help us create social media posts, blogs, video content, graphics for digital advertising, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Write social media posts highlighting our employee experience and culture for our website and our LinkedIn page.
- Developing visual (including video) and written content for online recruitment marketing for website and social media such as employee interviews, news, awards, events, and social impact programs to promote MassDOT as an employer of choice.
- Capture and edit photos and videos of employees living the MassDOT life that we can use on social media, careers web pages, and for employee stories.
- Help develop communication plans and assist in the project management to bring everything in it to life.
- Use your creativity and inspiration to brainstorm new ideas to attract talent by using your graphic design, writing, and marketing skills; we’re looking for you roll up your sleeves with us to develop ideas without the help of a dedicated creative team.
- Manage the timeline for producing a social media content calendar each month.
- Monitoring consistency of MassDOT employer branding and messaging.
- Monitoring competitors’ marketing efforts and report on best practices.
- Supporting the practical roll out of employer branding initiatives and best practice sharing to the HR team.
- Coordinating with the Talent Acquisition team to execute recruiting communication strategy, including website presence, social media, advertising and events.
Your Skills & Expertise:
- Past internship or co-op experience or project work in digital advertising, social media, video production, journalism is preferred.
- Writing and copyediting skills: ability to find the story as an ‘internal journalist’ and adapt for candidate audience, writing in different styles for different objectives.
- Social media management experience – able to be trusted to post and respond in a professional voice.
- Video, photography, and graphic design skills as applied in Adobe Creative suite (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere).
- Graphic design skills to help build social media digital advertising tiles.
- Proven abilities in project or content management, planning, and coordination.
- Strong relationship builder with excellent social skills and open communication style.
- Ability to take the initiative when appropriate and “make things happen”.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to juggle and make progress on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to integrate feedback effectively and to manage conflicting feedback in a design setting.
- Prior work, internship, or co-op experience in a progressive corporate environment a plus.
- Must meet the Co-op program eligibility requirements of the current college/university’s academic department and student must be approved by the college/university to participate in the Co-op program.
- Must have legal work authorization in the U.S.
- Must be able to work Eastern Time Zone business hours Monday-Friday.
Please attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter stating your interest in the position and your goals for the co-op within the context of working at MassDOT. Also, please provide either a link to a portfolio or a portfolio file that illustrates your video, social media, graphic design, writing, photography, etc. skills.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at email@example.com.