An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
The intern will assist with maintenance and development of website content including writing, editing, and proofreading site content. This person will work closely with the Digital Services team to:
- Create, develop and manage content for the organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software).
- Copy edit and proofread web content.
- Review website content to assess the usability of the pages, making recommendations for change as appropriate. Test compatibility with current browsers and test WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Compile and analyze website usage statistics.
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) and organizational skills. Specifically writing for the web.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat skills.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of the Web principals of accessibility, usability and Information Architecture.
- Experience with optimizing content for user experience as well as SEO effectiveness.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at email@example.com.